The platform Netflix released a new promotional video for the anime adaptation of science fiction novels written by Sakyo Komatsu, Japan Sinks.
The series will premiere on July 9 through the platform and with the title Japan Sinks: 2020 and it will have a total of ten episodes. For its part, Sakyo Komatsu first published the novels in 1973, after nine years of writing. The novels have already been adapted into a live-action film in 1973 directed by Shiro Moritani, to a television series in 1975 and to a remake in 2006 directed by Shinji Higuchi.
Cast of voices
- Queen Ueda as Ayumu Mutou, the 14-year-old protagonist who joins the athletics club with the aim of participating in the Olympic Games.
- I take Muranaka as Gou Mutou, Ayumu's younger brother who plays video games.
- Yuko Sasaki like Mari Mutou, Ayumu's mother and a retired competitive swimmer who is optimistic about any situation.
- Masaki Terasoma like Kouichirou Mutou, Ayumu's tenacious father.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino like Haruki Koga.
- Nanako Mori like Nami Miura.
- Kensho Ono like Kaito.
- Umeji Sasaki like Kunio Ashida.
- Masaaki Yuasa is in charge of directing the anime in the studios Science SARU.
- Yasu Konomi is in charge of the composition of the series.
- Hisao Yoshitaka is in charge of writing the scripts.
- Naoya Wada is in charge of character design.
- Kensuke Ushio is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Japan Sinks: 2020
In the modern era, a great earthquake shakes Japan. A group of survivors made up of several families must escape Tokyo in an environment of despair and confusion.
But the earthquake has caused the archipelago of Japan to begin to sink into the ocean, making this a race against time. Decisions between living and dying, encounters and farewells, can they win the bet to survive?
© “JAPAN SINKS: 2020” Project Partners