For the first time since 2008, the year Oricon began compiling the light novel sales charts, One franchise company took first place on both lists, that of the series and that of the most profitable volumes of the year. The record in question was obtained from Demon Hunter, the famous work of Koyoharu Gotouge.
The two rankings shown below are official, were presented to the public by Oricon a few hours ago and created taking into account the period between November 18, 2019 and November 22, 2020.
Best-Selling Novels of 2020 (Series)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba by Aya Yajima (original work by Koyoharu Gotouge) with 2,752,593 units sold
- Re: Zero - Starting life in another world of Tappei Nagatsuki with 732,314 units sold
- Slime life of fuse with 606,700 units sold
- Sword art online by Reki Kawahara with 564,235 units sold
- Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries) by Natsu Hyuga with 527,950 units sold
- Demon Slayer: Flower of Fortune by Aya Yajima (original work by Koyoharu Gotouge) with 923,139 units sold
- Demon Slayer: One-winged Butterfly by Aya Yajima (original work by Koyoharu Gotouge) with 913,388 units sold
- Demon Slayer: The Telltale Signs of the Wind by Aya Yajima (original work by Koyoharu Gotouge) with 607,347 units sold
- Overlord 14 of Kugane Maruyama with 628,288 units sold
- Demon Slayer: Infinity Train by Aya Yajima (original work by Koyoharu Gotouge, screenplay by Studio Ufotable) with 197,397 units sold
Demon Slayer therefore continues his undisputed dominance in everything from manga to anime, going through cinema and light novels. By the way, the movie Demon Slayer: Infinity Train recently surpassed the Titanic and will be the most watched in Japan. We remind you that the film will also arrive in Italy in 2021.