A new promotional video for the upcoming anime project based on the video game "Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout" has been released on its official website. The video confirms that the anime will premiere on July 1st in Japan and features a snippet of the opening theme song titled "Golden Ray" performed by Sangatsu no Phantasia.
Atelier Ryza: The Game
For those of you who aren't familiar with Atelier Ryza, let me give you a quick rundown. Atelier Ryza is a series of video games developed by Koei Tecmo Games. The first title, Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout, was released in 2019 for PS4, Switch, and PC via Steam. The sequel, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy, was released in January 2021 and added the PS5 as a new console option to enjoy the game.
The most recent game in the franchise, Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key, was released last March after a slight delay. Each game follows the story of a young girl and her friends as they discover what really matters in life. The concept of the game is "Realistic Youth Who Develop Together, Even Just a Little," which is showcased through their journey of self-discovery.
The anime's voice cast includes:
- Yuri Noguchi as Reisalin "Ryza" Stout.
- Hitomi Owada as Klaudia Valentz.
- Takuma Terashima as Lent Marslink.
- Yui Kondo as Tao Mongarten.
- Hirofumi Nojima as Empel Vollmer.
- Haruka Terui as Lila Decyrus.
Emma Yuzuriha makes her directorial debut on the project at LIDEN FILMS. Yashichiro Takahashi (K Series, Shakugan no Shana) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts. Tomoyuki Shitaya (Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon, UniteUp!, Blue Period) handles character design and animation direction, with assistance from Mariko Fujita and Koudai Kitahara. Kazuki Yanagawa is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- Emma Yuzuriha (directorial debut) is in charge of directing the project at the studios LIDEN FILMS.
- Yashichiro Takahashi (K Series, Shakugan no Shana) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- tomoyuki shitaya (Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon, UniteUp!, Blue Period) is in charge of character design and animation direction, with the assistance of Mariko Fujita and Koudai Kitahara.
- Kazuki Yanagawa is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of "Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout"
"Atelier Ryza" is the story of a girl and her friends who, on the brink of adulthood, discover what really matters. The concept of this game is "Realistic young people who develop together, even if only a little." To show a story in which the characters discover things they have never seen before, fields with natural shadows have been created to make the world seem more alive. Additionally, the graphics have been further improved to create a world that portrays everyday life and adventures like never before.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c)コーエーテクモゲームス/「ライザのアトリエ」製作委員会 (c) Koei Tecmo Games/"Atelier Ryza" Production Committee